Hope you enjoyed the first part of Office Productivity tips where we shared 25 hacks that improve your productivity. In this post, we have come up with yet another 25 tips that you will find interesting if you are using any of these MS Office 365 tools.
#1 5 Tips for Microsoft word:
1. Get info with tell me: The new tool will gives the best appropriate answer for the plain question asked either the answer will be textual or link to a feature. The process is quick
2. Gain consistency: There are tons of templates which can be used even if you can’t find the exact design close one can be used. Before starting new project, preview related templates.
3. Use the word mobile app: You will get mobile apps with office 365 business subscriptions using which the user can edit, view and create documents. Completed documents will provide word desktop, the browser version, or your phone or tablet.
Get started by logging in the Microsoft account. Work documents have certain limitations like context, efficiency in freedom to access and manipulate documents but for the access you might need administrator help because of device control.
4. Default your table format: If your table format already exists, right click it in the table style gallery on the contextual design tab and choose set as default. If your style doesn’t exist create it first and make it default. Refer Figure A.
5. Write anywhere: Start writing just by double clicks. Check it, now open new documents double anywhere in the documents and start writing.
#2 5 Tips for Microsoft EXCEL:
1. Use Existing Format for creating a custom style: Using custom style may be excellent option but build in type may not be adequate. Initially apply the format manually then use that format for further reference. Figure B gives us exact example
2. Parse values without using functions: To save the time let start with examples
Select the data (B4:B5).
Click the Data tab.
Click Text to Columns in the Data Tools group.
In the resulting dialog, click delimited (if necessary) and clicks next.
Check other and enter @ in the control to the right (Figure E). Deselect any other checked options and then click next if necessary. The @ character identifies where you want to parse the values.
Check the results and reset the data type if you need to Click Finish to see the parsed results, shown in Figure E.
Even this has certain limitations like prompt you to replace adjacent data if those cells aren’t blank. If you don’t want to replace it then leave it with existing data.
3. Make a speedy return: To get back where you lost click ctrl+backspace, if suppose it doesn’t work it means user might have changed the cell before browsing.
4. Documents your named ranges: To check range names press F3, where dialog will display entire list, to document those list simply click paste list.
5. Documents your named ranges: To check range names press F3, where dialog will display entire list, to document those list simply click paste list.
1. Select F4:F14, the range where you want to enter the new expression. in this case, we’re adding a commission value to the simple sheet (Figure F). Notice that you’re selecting several cells, not a single cell—you’ll see why soon.
2. Enter = to begin the expression and then press F3 to display the range names.
3. Select Value, as shown in Figure G, and click OK.
4. Type *.2 (Figure G) to complete the expression, and then press Ctrl+Enter to enter the commission expression for the entire data set.
#3 5 Tips for Microsoft Powerpoint:
1. Set the default view: Using custom style may be excellent option but build in type may not be adequate. Initially apply the format manually then
1.Click the tab and choose Options in the left pane.
2.Choose Advanced in the left pane.
3. Choose the most appropriate option, probably Normal - Thumbnails and Slide (Figure A) and click ok
2. Tab through objects: Losing Data in PowerPoint is very easy they all will be sent back by grouped and stacked. To find object press tab. If you have group object, tab selects the group first then cycles through the objects in the group.
3. Customize the Quick Access Toolbar: You can add tools to quick access toolbar (QAT) which is used very frequently. To add commands to QAT do follow the instructions.
1. Click More Commands in the QAT dropdown.
2. From the Choose Commands From dropdown, select Commands Not in the Ribbon and select Apply Style and click add.
3. For example, click Pick up Style and click Add (Figure B).
4. Move Pick up Style up a line if you like. Click OK to return to Normal view
4. Quick styles: Remember these keyboard shortcuts for Pickup style and Apply style.
1. Pick Up Style: Ctrl+Shift+C
2. Apply Style: Ctrl+Shift+V
3. This is similar to normal copy paste. Just by pressing one shift key in addition you can apply pickup and apply style.
5. Animation painter: If you want to repeat same animation instead of re-creating it copy using animation painter on the animation tab.
Select the animation’s source object if you have animation scheme in place. Select the destination object by clicking animation painter. Paste multiple objects by double click.
#4 5 Tips for Microsoft Outlook:
1. Never lose another mail: To find important mails create a search folder by clicking search folder and select new folder. Enter the details to find the respected mail you can use any data in the search box.
2. Access Outlook ions without Outlook: Drag the item to desktop through which you can access easily. It can be anything like email, appointment, note, etc.
3. Cleanup: Outlook cleanup will delete the redundant messages from a conversation. You can use this to clean unwanted data and messages.
To use this option choose Delete group on the Home tab. Click the settings customize to have your needs.
4. Move messages quickly: If you are the user who frequently move folder then here are tricks for you
1. Click the quick steps launcher.
2. Now choose move folder from the new dropdown.
3. Enter the folder name move to fair folder dropdown. If the folder is invisible click other folder to display full list and click ok.
4. To assign a shortcut, click shortcut key dropdown select keystroke and click ok.
Refer the image displayed below for reference Figure A.
Select the message you want to move to fair folder. Then click move to the fair folder or press Ctrl+Shift+2.
5. Open separate windows: Right the shortcut pane and choose open in new window not only shortcut pane any outlook window can be opened separately. It is possible to work with multiple task windows and use taskbar to move back and forth between them, returning back to where you were last working.
#5 5 Tips for Microsoft Acsess:
1. Use filter by form: customized data base will be expensive and time consumption to build and maintain so it makes sense to take advantage to build features like filter by form.
With the form open, choose the filter by form from advanced dropdown in the filter group. Access will display the original by reassembling. Click toggle filter from filter the control dropdown by selecting filtering values. Navigation toolbar will tell how many files are matching your filter (Figure A).
2. Set these time-saving properties: If you want user friendly interface then follow these two commands,
1. Set Yes to Auto Center in the form center of the screen regardless of where you left last. This settings works even in the latest version by applying default document window options property to overlap window.
2. Resize set to yes open your form to its designed size and not the size last used.
3. Let access help: using this step you can avoid problems and improve performance.
1. Analyze Performance lists potential problems and offers suggestions for correcting them. You can analyze everything or narrow the list to specific objects. This tool is particularly helpful when modifying an existing database.
2. It is easier to modify and maintain proper normalized database with the help of analyze table.
4. Use templates: finding right template will be quite hard. When the access is been launched, it displayed the backstage using which existing database can be opened. Checking what is been available might not be that much difficult as shown in the Figure B
5. Customize the Navigation Pane: The navigation Pane group by default, Bit of customization can be allowed flexibly. Use the listed instructions to save your time,
1. For creating a Temporary switchboard form, group objects are created and hide objects
2. Group objects are used frequently than others.
Right click the navigation pane, In navigation option follow the Figure C
open the navigation option pane then choose custom category and uncheck the unassigned option to hide everything except the custom group.
Hope you found these tips useful. If you haven’t read the previous post on this topic, feel free to read the Part I of this article. If you have any questions, we are available on the comments below.