#1 5 Tips for Microsoft Word
1. Reduce Keystroke with Auto Text: You can simply share the entries with others in your organization. AutoText can eliminate the frequency of entering same text manually. Simply text can be typed and edited if required.
Select the content and press ALT+F3 then enter a short and related name.
2. Avoid Mistakes using Auto Correction: In a hurry we may misspell some universal words. Through auto correction those misspelled words can corrected automatically. Even replacement of words can also be done.
3. Make Your Paste Default: Copying the content from different source and reformatting after pasting is not that much simple. If you remember to use the keep text only option from the paste dropdown, you can avoid reformatting steps.
Wordâ€™s default settings should be changed by clicking the File tab, choosing Options, and then choosing Advanced in the left pane In the Cut, Copy, And Paste section, choose Keep Text Only from the Pasting from other Programs dropdown. Refer the displayed image.
4. Undo styles: While pasting the content there is other way to remove the source content. When forget keep text only content from paste dropdown. Follow this method
1) Press Ctrl+Spacebar.
2) Click Normal in the Styles gallery.
5. Advantage of real time collaboration: Share the files using OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint Online and enter or choose individuals you want to collaborate with. When you invite some through this method they can accept the invite and download the shared document and even can make corrections, sender can even check like who is currently working on it.
#2 5 tips for microsoft excel
1. Use Table Objects: You can convert data set into table where you will get automatic filters and formatting. Press table cycles for effortless data You can add a totaling row to the bottom of the Table with a click.
Click anywhere inside the data by clicking insert tab, to convert a data set into table, insert table. Finally check whether our data has header.
2. Opening Multiple files at a time: Use ctrl or shift key to open search engine while working with lot of workbooks.
Once you have selected required files then click enter.
3. Insertion of multiple rows and columns:This is similar like inserting rows and columns. Select number of columns that is to be inserted for instance, to insert three columns between columns C and D, you’d select columns D, E, and F three columns to the right of column C. Then, right-click the selection and choose Insert.
Repeat same process for inserting rows.
4. Copy Rows and Columns: At particular point, we can drag and drop the selection- it couldn’t be easier. To move column use left or right borders. Instead of moving it holds down the ctrl key while drag and drop.
5. Generate set of values: For unique set of values excel advanced filter features
1. Check the column has a header cell it’s required. Add header text if necessary.
2. Click any cell in the column.
3. Click the Data tab.
4. Click Advanced in the Sort & Filter group.
5. In the resulting dialog, click the Copy to another Location option.
6. Make sure the List range is correct; it doesn’t always represent your clicked column.
7. Click inside the Copy To control and enter the first cell of the copy range or click a cell in the sheet.
8.Check the Unique Records Only option (Figure A).
9. Click OK to create a unique list of values in the Copy to range (Figure B).
#3 5 Tips for Microsoft PowerPoint:
Using Templates: Template predefined with particular structure, where it can use instantly. Only some audience will be always requires unique template.
Duplicate objects:To copy paste hold down the Ctrl key, and drag a duplicate to its new position. It is applicable for objects and slides and multiple slides and objects.
Once again: Simply press F4 to duplicate it again and again.
Let us see an example for more clarification.
- First, insert the first pair of objects using Icons in the Illustrations group on the Insert tab. choose any icons you like.
- Click one of the icons and hold down the Shift key while you select the second one.
- With both objects selected, hold down the Ctrl key and drag to create a second pair.
- To create a third pair, press F4 (Figure B). At this point, you could continue pressing F4 to add pairs
- Click the Home tab, and choose Align from the Arrange dropdown in the Drawing group. From the submenu, choose Align Center.
- You don’t have to repeat the above process for each pair. Instead, drag the mouse over a pair of icon (Figure C) to select them both and press F4.
- Repeat the above step for the last pair.
Give object a nudge: When you want to move an object just select it and then press the arrow keys in the direction you want to move. By doing this object a pixel each time you press the arrow key.
Change object defaults:
- Insert a text box onto a slide and apply several formats.
- Select the text box and right-click it.
- Choose Set as Default Text Box from the resulting context menu (Figure D).
Now insert the text box which will automatically display the defaults you set as shown in the Figure E.
#4 5 tips for Microsoft outlook:
1. Attach a file: Attachment in a mail means a lot of clicking in a folder. If you are an outlook 2016 user and open the file that is been opened recently that can chosen from attach the file drop down refer displayed image.
The second way is to use Windows Explorer. Just click the file which has to be sent with Mail Recipient, as shown in Figure B. A new email message will open with the selected file attached, whether Outlook is open or not.
There is third way if outlook isn’t opened, the file from search engine to the inbox to open a new mail with the file attached. Drag the file to taskbar ion by maximizing the outlook wind.
2. Creating new file with existing files: If the user wants to create new email message with existing content in a word document. First copy the content to clipboard then in outlook selects the mail window and paste. Now outlook will open a new email message with copied content in the body of the message.
This works differently with outlook item. For example, to create new appointment calendar drag the existing appointment info in an email, complete with the email’s content.
3. Never write twice: Rather writing same content twice, templates can be created with images, tables, events. To create the template, open a new message and enter and format all the desired content and the content can edited before sending which also includes delete option.
4. Quickly apply multiple flag: You can flag or unflag several messages at the same time. Simply by holding the Shift or Ctrl key create multi message selection you want to flag. With all the messages selected, press Insert. By doing so adding and removing of flag will simple.
5. Send CC’s packing: Senders sometimes cc us on mail. First create new folder by clicking an account node and choosing new folder
- Click the Home tab and choose Create Rule from the Rules dropdown. If Outlook disables this option, select a different folder one with messages
- In the resulting dialog, click Advanced Options.
- Select the name where it must send and click next including both might be overkill, but if you receive lots of mail from lists, you’ll want to also check the second option. Otherwise, that mail will also move to the Inbox cc folder.
- In the next list, check Move It to the Specified Folder.
- In the lower pane, click the specified link, select the new folder where you want to store these messages (Figure D), and click OK.
- Click Next twice and enter a meaningful name for the new rule or not the default option name is often adequate.
- If you want to move existing messages immediately, check the Run This Rule Now on Messages Already in Inbox option.
- Click Finish.
#5 5 tips for Access Time Saver:
Access Data: If the user is going to create access table from already existing documents then it will easy to copy paste.
If the copied file is from Excel documents then the access table will automatically assign its document name as table name.
If the copied file is from word documents then access prompts you a table name with more option as shown in the figure A. If the data is raw, create the table first and then paste the data.
Create a Task: When the data is exporting from access, Outlook task can created.
- Select the (Access) table or records you want to export.
- Click the External Data tab and click Excel in the Export group.
- In the resulting dialog (Figure B), click the Export Data with Formatting and Layout option and click OK.
- In the next pane, check the Save Export Steps; doing so displays new options.
- Check the Create Outlook Task option (Figure C) and click Save Export.
- When Outlook opens the new Task window, set a recurrence or reminder, and then click Save & Close. You’ll find the new task in your Outlook Tasks list (Figure D).
Perform a datasheet sort: To access sorting option, Open the table in datasheet view and click the home tab. You have several tools in the sort and fixed group. To sort multiple fields, hold down the shift key and click the fields to add them to the selection.
Investigate dependencies: A rational database comprise many related objects. This happens when you change a field’s database or object name, where fixing time will be reduced after checking dependencies before user making changes.
Adding multiple fields to the design grids: There are various ways to add more than one fields at a time.
1. Click the first and last fields by holding shift key to add and then drag the contiguous block of fields to the grid.
2. Hold down the Ctrl key and click fields to create a noncontiguous block of fields you can drag to the grid.
3. Double-click the table’s title bar to automatically select all the fields and drag them to the grid.
Hope you enjoyed these tips. I bet you would find these extremely useful and time saving if you bother to make these settings. I will write a followup to this blog with another 25 such tips that will blow you away.